Jun 1, 2009

E X P E R I M E N T

when I was learning the technique of brushing another, darker slip onto the outside of a pot for the crackle effect, I did an experiment. (let me know how you think it turned out; I still haven't made up my mind.)

I threw this bowl, and painted on a very thick, uneven coat of "raisin" colored slip on the outside. I then poked holes around the top of the bowl, large enough to poke stuff through. I was thinking about ribbon or leather. being that the final effect was a rather raw, rough one, I opted for the leather over the ribbon. ribbon just didn't go (and I'm all about harmony...)

approximately 2.5 inches tall x 6 inches in diameter.

transparent glaze over the entire thing. no colors added, just clay color. the slight whitish/blueish color on the outside is where the clear glaze pooled up.
wheel-thrown and signed, december 2007
$15

SOLD (12.08.09)





No comments:

Post a Comment