Mar 28, 2010

S T A R R - P O T

I've been sitting across from sarah starr for several years now. in fact, I would venture to guess that most of my time at work has been with her, and it would be more than fair to say she's my work wife. recently, however, we were forced to move apart. this is my breakup present to her. I debated planting something in it, but starr is a plant gal too, so I decided she'd probably prefer to choose what goes in it herself. maybe she'll even share a photo when she does?

sarah is also a sucker for tiny things, so I made this one pretty small. it's 3.5 inches wide x 1.75 inches tall.
the star is carved into the side and painted with orange underglaze and clear over the top (and the rest of the outside). the inside is nassau blue.

wheel-thrown and signed, january 2010
$ - I won't list a price since it was a gift

G I F T E D (03.22.09)









No comments:

Post a Comment